This project was made possible by the American Association of Museums, International Partnerships Among Museums 2005-2007 program.
Artwork and Stories
- Alison Furber
- Kaye Kessing
- Larapinta Primary School
- Ross Park Primary School
- Yipirinya School
- Hodgson, C pers com - Charles Hodgsons is an Arrernte man who currently works in mens health in Alice Springs. He worked as a Guide at the Alice Springs Desert Park for a number of years.
- Turner MK & Henderson J (1994) Bush Foods Nhenhe-areye anwerne-arle arlkweme Arrernte foods from central Australia. IAD Press. MK Turner is an Eastern Arrernte elder, mother, grandmother, great grand mother, artist, humanitarian, and teacher. She was a major contributor to the Arandic Languages Dictionaries program and plays an ongoing role at the Alice Springs Desert Park as a cultural advisor
- Latz P.K (1996) Bushfires and Bushtucker: Aboriginal plant use in central Australia. Alice Springs:IAD Press.
- Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. The Mala Walk . Parks Australia & the Mutitjulu community
- Spencer, J - John Spencer is an Australian who is proud of his Aboriginal and Scottish heritage. His grandmother was a Central Arrernte woman belonging to the Alice Springs Mpwarntwe group and his grandfather was an early pastoral settler in Central Australia. John has spent his life learning about the culture of his people and the flora, fauna and history of his homeland. He has been involved for many years in the tourist industry in Central Australia, sharing this knowledge with visitors from around the world. He worked for a number of years as a tour guide in the Alice Springs Desert Park.
Natural History Information
- Collins, T pers com. Tim Collins is the Nursery Manager at the Alice Springs Desert Park.
- Fyfe, G, pers. com. Greg Fyfe was the Senior Keeper at the Alice Springs Desert Park from 1996-2007.
- Gambold, N & Metters, D (2003) Retiles and Frogs of Alice Springs.
- Menkhorst, P & Knight, F (2001) A field guide to the mammals of Australia. Oxford University Press
- Morcombe, M (2000) Field Guide to Australian Birds. Steve Parish Publishing.
- Paltridge, R & McAlpin, S (2002) A Guide to Rare and Threatened animals in Central Australia. World Wildlife Fund Australia
- Parks & Wildlife Service Northern Territory. Junior Ranger Magazine Vol #
- Readers Digest (1976) Complete Book of Australian Birds.
- The Australian Museum. Complete Book of Australian Mammals. Angus & Robertson.
- Traynor, S - Nature Notes. Parks and Wildlife Service Northern Territory.
- Van Oosterzee, P (1991) The Centre - The Natural History of Australia's Desert Region. JB Books.
- Greg Fyfe
- Brenda King
- Peter Nunn
- Barritt & May